In the rebuilding of the City of London after the Great Fire of 1666, private land was taken by the City for new and widened streets, new markets, wharves alongside the Fleet River, and quays and wharves along the northern bank of the Thames. The amount of compensation paid by the City to owners of property depended on the location of the site and the area of ground taken away. In Part 1 of this paper, evidence of Hooke's work staking out widened streets and new building foundations was presented. In Part 2, his certification of areas of ground taken away is now described. The City had to decide not only on the amount of compensation and the procedures for paying it, but also to ensure that the procedures were properly carried out and generally accepted by the citizens. Hooke and the two other City Surveyors were ordered to undertake this crucial task.